Saturday, December 6, 2014

Layla's New Obsession

So the past week, we have come to learn that Layla's new obsession is one thing: MINNIE MOUSE. This definitely brings me back to my childhood. I was in LOVE with Mickey and Minnie Mouse. IN LOVE. That's all I ever wanted while growing up, Mickey or Minnie. So, to my delight I was excited that she has become so engrossed in Minnie. I had already given her my old Minnie Mouse dolls, the ones that my parents have been able to salvage. There is this one Minnie, however, I was so in love with. She was a bath time Minnie Mouse and changed colors when it was under water, and is 25 years old. 25!! Ugh, I feel old. This is Layla's favorite Minnie. This morning, she was in her room, digging around in her toy box, and she came out into the living room with just one toy. This Minnie Mouse! The one that I adored while growing up and obsessed about. Now, I am so excited I can pass something down to her.

It also gave me a chance to play with this new lens I am renting. I am glad I decided to rent the lens before considering buying it. I can't wait to use it more within the next two weeks that I have with it. By the way, its the Canon 35mm 1.4.  I LOVE IT. Such sharp images and the wide aperture and low depth of field. Something I have always obsessed over. I am stoked to share more images within the next few weeks, but mostly this blog post is about Layla and her new Minnie obsession. Now, another thing to add to the Christmas list to get for her (as well as Paw Patrol). So here's two photos I took of Layla and her new (but old) Minnie.





No comments:

Post a Comment